The Strollers walking group is for men and women who want a gentle walk. The distance is no more than about 2½ miles on level terrain often with things of interest to look at - churches, old houses and even new interesting buildings. Our walks would not be complete without our lunch breaks. This is optional as it is not always possible to stay, but most of us do and we have found some very nice eating places - as well as the not so good.
The Strollers meet once a fortnight on a Friday morning ( alternate Fridays with the Striders and Stragglers ) and all the walks are decided at the beginning of the term. If you are less able and would prefer an easier walk then try the Stragglers Group. For the more strenuous walks see the Striders Group.
If you enjoy a relaxing walk and having a chat with good company, do talk to me in the meeting or contact me for further info.
Group Leader: LindaH-V
Strollers Walks - Autumn 2018
An email will be sent out a few days prior to a walk reminding members who the Walk Leader is and giving their contact details. If you are intending to walk please phone their number leaving your name and whether you would like to stay for lunch. Please contact the Walk Leader by Thursday evening at the very latest. On some occasions the walk may have to be cancelled usually due to inclement weather. You will be contacted by Friday morning if cancellation is unavoidable. Only those who have stipulated their attendance on the walk will be contacted.
Car sharing is encouraged so please ask for, or offer, a lift when you phone, it also helps with parking. If you are a passenger please ensure you contribute towards the fuel costs. Suitable footwear is required and water to keep you hydrated. Happy walking.
Friday 21st Sept: Emsworth
- Meet: 10:30am - Parking: Beach Road, Emsworth PO10 7HW
- Lunch: Langbrook Farm Inn, 2A Langbrook Road, Havant PO9 1SA
- Leader: Eileen
Friday 5th Oct: Portchester Castle
- Meet: 10:30am - Parking: Large car park left of castle
- Lunch: The Cormorant, Castle Street, Portchester PO16 9QX
- Leader: Carol
Friday 19th Oct: Portsmouth Golf Course
- Meet: 10:30am Portsmouth Golf Course, Crookhorn Lane,PO7 5QL - Parking on site
- Lunch: Nineteen - Bar and Kitchen at Club House
- Leader: Linda
Friday 2nd Nov: (Fort) Widley Walk
- Meet: 10:30am Viewpoint car park, Portsdown HIll Road
- Lunch: The George Inn, Portsdown Hill Road, Portsmouth PO6 1BE
- Leader: Christine
Friday 16th Nov: Wickham
- Meet: 10:30am - Parking: Old Railway Station, off Mill Lane
- Lunch: TBC
- Leader: Ken and Val
Friday 30th Nov: Waterlooville
- Meet: 10:30am - Parking: Goodwood Close, Waterlooville
- Lunch: Woodpecker Inn, 179A London Road, Waterlooville PO7 7RL
- Leader: Vivien
Friday 7th Dec: Christmas Lunch - There is a £5.00 deposit required for this meal. Please would you indicate your interest and bring the deposit to a walk before the end of October, so I can pass your name and money on to Janice as the meal organizer.
- Meet: 11.50am Green Farm, Toby Carvery Hilsea, Copnor Road, Portsmouth PO3 5HS
2018 The Oyster Beds and Hayling Billy pathway
2018 The Bluebells at Clanfield
2018 An early purple Orchid and a yellow Archangel
If you have a favourite walk that you would like to share - then apply to become a walk leader
We only stopped a moment - to pay our respects
Towards the end of a walk at Wickham packed with visual treasures
Just in case you want to exert more energy
If its your turn to buy the tea - then we will let you know