The Striders walking group is for men and women who like to stretch their legs and have a longer more strenuous walk than our Strollers Group. If you are less able and would prefer an even easier walk then try the Stragglers Group.
Our walks are held on alternate Friday Mornings and we meet at the arranged parking place at 10:15am. We manage about two hours before going for lunch. This is optional.
Some of the walks are our old favourites and we have some exciting new ones. If you would like to come along and experience the beauty of our local region you are more than welcome. Our walks are around 4-5 miles. Some ground is more rugged than others and takes us a little longer to complete the walk.
It is very important that stout footwear is worn. Proper walking boots or strong trainers that you don’t mind getting muddy. We do not walk if the weather is really bad, but always check with the leader before the walk, usually Thursday evening.
If you enjoy a walk in the country and having a chat with good company, do talk to me in the meeting or contact me for further info.
Group Leader: Janice Henderson
One of our walkers has reported being bitten by a TICK – so please be aware.
- walk on clearly deﬁned paths and avoid brushing against vegetation
- wear light-coloured clothes so ticks can be spotted and brushed off
- use repellents
- carry out a tick check
Striders Walks – 2019
Members to let the walk leader know if they intend to come as walks may be changed or cancelled at short notice. Car sharing is encouraged to help with parking and fuel costs. The walks are usually 4 to 5 miles – sometimes hilly or moderately difficult terrain. Suitable footwear is required. Reminder: Be ‘Tick-Aware’.
Walk Leaders please check the details of your walk are correct. Also be aware that the meeting point ADDRESS and POSTCODES on the maps can often be wrong and should be checked before using in your SATNAV.
- Meet: 10:15am Heath House Lane car park, Hedge End
- Lunch: Manor Farm Tea Room
- Leader: “C”
- Meet: 10:15am Titchfield Community Centre car park, Mill St
- Lunch: Titchfield Haven Tea Room
- Leader: Pete, Sue & Ted
- Meet: 10:15am Car park at The George Inn, Finchdean
- Lunch: The George Inn
- Leader: Kathee
- Meet: 10:15am Mount Pleasant Playing Fields car park next to school entrance
- Lunch: The Dancing Goose, Netley
- Leader: Simon
- Meet: 10:15am St. John’s Church, West Meon – when you reach the centre turn left into Church Lane – there are places to park there
- Lunch: The Bucks Head, Meonstoke
- Leader: Elaine & Viv
- Meet: 10:15am The Green, (main) car park
- Lunch: The Old Ship, Swanwick
- Leader: Pete & Simon
- Meet: 10:15am Stewarts Green, Hambledon
- Lunch: Southwick Tea Rooms
- Leader: “C”
- Meet: 11.50am Green Farm, Toby Carvery Hilsea