The Stragglers walking group is for men and women who want a gentle walk and can often start with a bus ride. The distance is no more than about 1½ miles on easy terrain - often with things of interest to look at - churches, old houses and even new interesting buildings. Our walks would not be complete without our optional lunch breaks at cafe's or local pubs.
The Stragglers meet once a fortnight on a Friday morning ( alternate Fridays with the Strollers ) and all the walks are decided at the beginning of the term. For longer walks see the Strollers Group or for more strenuous walks see the Striders Group.
If you enjoy a relaxing walk and having a chat with good company, do talk to me in the meeting or contact me for further info.
Group Leader: MaryC
Stragglers Walks - Summer 2018
Members to let the walk leader know if they intend to come as walks may be changed or cancelled at short notice. Walks are around 1 to 1½ miles over flat and easy terrain. Car sharing is encouraged to help with parking and fuel costs.
Friday 6th July: Havant
- Meet: 11:00am Havant Bus Depot
- Lunch: Langbrook Farm Inn, Havant
- Leader: Christine
Friday 20th July: Chichester Walls
- Meet: 11:00am Front of Cathedral
- Lunch: Dolphin & Anchor, Weatherspoons
- Leader: Mary
Friday 3rd Aug: Southsea Front
- Meet: 11:00am Canoe Lake Bus Terminus
- Lunch: Greens Cafe, St. Helens Parade - The Planning Meeting will be held after Lunch
- Leader: Carol
Friday 17th Aug: Petworth House (This is an additional walk to the programme - all day)
- Meet: Petworth House car park
- Lunch: Petworth House cafe
- Leader: Janice
Friday 31st Aug: Chawton House (This is an additional walk to the programme - all day)
- Meet: Car park in Chawton on the corner of Winchester Road and the terrace
- Lunch: Greyfriars Pub
- Leader: Janice