The Stragglers walking group is for men and women who want a gentle walk and can often start with a bus ride. The distance is no more than about 1½ miles on easy terrain – often with things of interest to look at – churches, old houses and even new interesting buildings. Our walks would not be complete without our optional lunch breaks at cafe’s or local pubs.
The Stragglers meet once a fortnight on a Friday morning ( alternate Fridays with the Strollers ) and all the walks are decided at the beginning of the term. For longer walks see the Strollers Group or for more strenuous walks see the Striders Group.
If you enjoy a relaxing walk and having a chat with good company, do talk to me in the meeting or contact me for further info.
Group Leader: MaryC
One of our walkers has reported being bitten by a TICK – so please be aware.
- walk on clearly deﬁned paths and avoid brushing against vegetation
- wear light-coloured clothes so ticks can be spotted and brushed off
- use repellents
- carry out a tick check
Stragglers Walks – 2019
Members to let the walk leader know if they intend to come as walks may be changed or cancelled at short notice. Walks are around 1 to 1½ miles over flat and easy terrain. Car sharing is encouraged to help with parking and fuel costs. Reminder: Be ‘Tick-Aware’.
Walk Leaders please check the details of your walk are correct. Also be aware that the meeting point ADDRESS and POSTCODES on the maps can often be wrong and should be checked before using in your SATNAV.
- Meet: 11:00am The Thatched House, Milton
- Lunch: The Thatched House
- Leader: Eileen
- Meet: 11:00am Hilsea Lido car park
- Lunch: The Green Farm Toby Carvery
- Leader: Christine
- Meet: 11:00am South Parade Pier
- Lunch: The Brewers Fare, Clarence Pier
- Leader: Liz
- Meet: 11.50am Green Farm, Toby Carvery Hilsea. A deposit of £5 is needed.