The Stragglers walking group is for men and women who want a gentle walk and can often start with a bus ride. The distance is no more than about 1½ miles on easy terrain – often with things of interest to look at – churches, old houses and even new interesting buildings. Our walks would not be complete without our optional lunch breaks at cafe’s or local pubs.
The Stragglers meet once a fortnight on a Friday morning ( alternate Fridays with the Strollers ) and all the walks are decided at the beginning of the term. For longer walks see the Strollers Group or for more strenuous walks see the Striders Group.
If you enjoy a relaxing walk and having a chat with good company, do talk to me in the meeting or contact me for further info.
Group Leader: MaryC
Stragglers Walks – 2020
Members to let the walk leader know if they intend to come as walks may be changed or cancelled at short notice. Walks are around 1 to 1½ miles over flat and easy terrain. Car sharing is encouraged to help with parking and fuel costs.
Walk Leaders please check the details of your walk are correct. Also be aware that the meeting point ADDRESS and POSTCODES on the maps can often be wrong and should be checked before using in your SATNAV.
- Meet: 11:00am Opposite the Baffins Pub Tangier Road
- Lunch: The Farmhouse in Burfields Road
- Leader: Eileen
- Meet: 11:00am The Harvester Great Salterns Mansion, Eastern Road
- Lunch: The Harvester
- Leader: Julie
- Meet: 11:00am In Clarence Pier Car Park
- Lunch: The Brewers Fayre Clarence Pier
- Leader: Sandra
- Meet: 11:00am Highlands Road Car Park, Fareham
- Lunch: The Buccaneer
- Leader: Ken and Val
- Meet: 11:00am The D Day Memorial Hall car park, Southwick
- Lunch: The Red Lion Southwick
- Leader: Mary
- Meet: 11:00am The Castle in the Air Car Park, off the Gosport Road, Fareham
- Lunch: The Castle in The Air
- Leader: Christine
- Meet: 11:00am The Garden Centre Car Park, by the entrance to the Garden Centre
- Lunch: The Pavilion Tea room
- Leader: Linda