The Stragglers walking group is for men and women who want a gentle walk and can often start with a bus ride. The distance is no more than about 1½ miles on easy terrain - often with things of interest to look at - churches, old houses and even new interesting buildings. Our walks would not be complete without our optional lunch breaks at cafe's or local pubs.
The Stragglers meet once a fortnight on a Friday morning ( alternate Fridays with the Strollers ) and all the walks are decided at the beginning of the term. For longer walks see the Strollers Group or for more strenuous walks see the Striders Group.
If you enjoy a relaxing walk and having a chat with good company, do talk to me in the meeting or contact me for further info.
Group Leader: MaryC
Stragglers Walks - Autumn 2018
Members to let the walk leader know if they intend to come as walks may be changed or cancelled at short notice. Walks are around 1 to 1½ miles over flat and easy terrain. Car sharing is encouraged to help with parking and fuel costs.
Friday 14th Sept: Baffins Pond
- Meet: 11:00am Tangier Road opposite The Baffins Pub
- Lunch: The Baffins Pub
- Leader: Carol
Friday 28th Sept: Milton Locks
- Meet: 11:00am The Thatched House
- Lunch: The Thatched House
- Leader: Eileen
Friday 12th Oct: Lee on Solent
- Meet: 11:00am The last car park on the right, where Sea Lane comes off Stubbington Lane
- Lunch: The Inn by the Sea ( Gosport end of Lee )
- Leader: Ken and Val
Friday 26th Oct: Southwick Priory and Lake
- Meet: 11:00am The D Day Memorial Hall car park behind the Golden Lion
- Lunch: The Golden Lion
- Leader: Nicola
Friday 9th Nov: Fareham Creek
- Meet: 11:00am The Castle in The Air Pub ( off the Gosport Road )
- Lunch: The Castle in the Air
- Leader: Christine
Friday 23rd Nov: Emsworth Mill Pond
- Meet: 11:00am North Street Car Park Emsworth
- Lunch: Langbrook Farm
- Leader: Mary
Friday 7th Dec: Hilsea lines followed by Christmas Lunch
- Meet: 11:00am North end of Peronne Road
- Lunch: Green Farm, Toby Carvery Hilsea - Janice is booking this so let her know by the end of September if you wish to go. A deposit of £5 is needed.
- Leader: Linda