The Stragglers walking group is for men and women who want a gentle walk and can often start with a bus ride. The distance is no more than about 1.5 miles on easy terrain - often with things of interest to look at - churches, old houses and even new interesting buildings. Our walks would not be complete without our optional lunch breaks at cafe's or local pubs.
The Stragglers meet once a fortnight on a Friday morning ( alternate Fridays with the Strollers ) and all the walks are decided at the beginning of the term. For longer walks see the Strollers Group or for more strenuous walks see the Striders Group.
If you enjoy a relaxing walk and having a chat with good company, do talk to me in the meeting or contact me for further info.
Group Leader: Mary Chappell
Stragglers Walks - Autumn 2017
Members to let the walk leader know if they intend to come as walks may be changed or cancelled at short notice. Walks are around 1 to 1.5 miles over flat and easy terrain. Car passengers to contribute towards fuel.
Those who come on outings must understand that they do so entirely at their own risk and the U3A accepts no liability for any accident or any other misfortune that may arise in connection with any such outings.
Friday 15th Sept: Emsworth
- Meet: 11:00am North Street car park (behind Tesco)
- Lunch: Langbrook Farm Inn, Havant
- Leader: Mary
Friday 29th Sept: The Thatched House
- Meet: 11:00am The Thatched House, Locksway Road
- Lunch: The Thatched House
- Leader: Christine
Friday 13th Oct: I.B.M. Lakeside
- Meet: 11:00am Blue Lagoon Lido car park, Hilsea
- Lunch: The Golden Hind, Copnor
- Leader: Eileen
Friday 27th Oct: Old Portsmouth
- Meet: 11:00am Old Portsmouth Grammar School, High Street
- Lunch: The Ship & Castle
- Leader: Beryl
Friday 10th Nov: Fareham
- Meet: 11:00am Highlands Road car park
- Lunch: The Buccaneer, Harvester
- Leader: Ken and Val
Friday 24th Nov: Eastney
- Meet: 11:00am Bransbury Road car park
- Lunch: The Thatched House, Locksway Road
- Leader: Carol
Friday 8th Dec: Christmas Lunch - A deposit of £5 is needed
- Meet: 11.50am Green Farm, Toby Carvery Hilsea
Friday 29th Dec: Planning Meeting
- Meet: 10.30am Janice's Flat