MEETING NOTES – 18TH OCTOBER 2016
1. Apologies – Mary C,Mary D, Viv N, Beryl , Chris Hatton (possible new member)
2. Welcome to JanetH – new member
3. AGM – Buildings are down to do the tea! Audrey will set up and Janice, Colin and Janet offered to help with serving and clearing up. (Thanks, folks)
4. November meeting of Buildings Group – 22nd, at Julie’s, Colin will chair and write up the notes. Subject – High Tech.
5. December meeting – 20th – at Janice’s. She’ll do a quiz and refreshments. If group members want to contribute , they can!
6. January meeting – 24th – at Christine’s (provisionally). Audrey offered to help. (Thanks again)
7. Christine passed round a photo and description of ‘mathematical tiles’
8. Christine mentioned the displays in Portsmouth City Museum, 1st floor, especially ‘Living in Portsmouth’. Free, and worth a visit!
9. Please would you all keep an eye out for trips that have an architectural focus, as it would be good to tie up our studies with actual buildings, or remains of! (E.g. Iron Age Farm, Fishbourne, Bursledon etc)
10. Many thanks for your card and good wishes, much appreciated! Please do come and visit me!
11. Many thanks to Colin and Lorraine for their hospitality and yummy cake!
Christine London 19.10.16